Did you know that 1 in 3 people experience heel/arch pain?
This pain can range from annoying to outright debilitating. So, what’s the culprit causing all this pain? For most people, it’s an injured Plantar Fascia Ligament. This ligament runs from the bottom of your heel towards the ball of your foot. Its main job is to hold up the arch of your foot, provide shock absorption, and become a strong lever for power and propulsion during walking and running.
In a nutshell, it’s one very important ligament in the foot, and unfortunately, it’s easy to injure. When it’s inflamed and sore, it can affect every aspect of your life and treatment is necessary to get you back to your normal life again.
How Shockwave Treatment Works
Shockwave therapy is an outstanding way to treat your plantar fasciitis quickly, safely, and effectively. Through pulse wave technology, the shockwave machine will stimulate your body to increase its ability to heal, break up scar tissue/adhesions, block pain receptors, and increase circulation to the injured ligament.
Shockwave lets your body heal itself faster!
Treatment is not painful, but can be moderately uncomfortable in some sore areas across the bottom of your feet. Most people actually find it to be a good feeling, and immediately get pain relief after one treatment! You will require anywhere from 4-8 treatments, about twice per week, to treat plantar fasciitis. At Footprint Health and Wellness, the Chiropodist or Physiotherapist can treat you for this, and depending on your insurance, direct billing is possible. Each treatment costs $75.
Additional Plantar Fasciitis Treatments
To accompany shockwave therapy, custom orthotics or sports strapping may be necessary to address the underlying cause behind why this happened to you in the first place. A full biomechanical assessment is always a good idea to understand why you are experiencing pain, indicate the underlying issues, and will help us determine the best way to treat your individual needs.
Go online or call us at 705-733-9990 for an appointment today!
Footprint Health and Wellness Centre is a multi-disciplinary clinic located in South Barrie, offering chiropody, physiotherapy, and massage therapy services. Book your appointment now!
You might also like:
- What Is Foot Pronation and When Is It an Issue?
- Are You Wearing the Right Running Shoes for Your Feet?
- Compression Socks: What Are They and Do I Need Them?
- Treating Plantar Fasciitis with Shockwave Therapy - March 18, 2019
- Q&A: Diabetic Foot Care Appointment with a Chiropodist - February 25, 2019
- What Is Foot Pronation and When Is It an Issue? - February 12, 2019
- Are You Wearing the Right Running Shoes for Your Feet? - January 15, 2019
- My Child Has a Plantar Wart! What Now? - December 10, 2018
- Compression Socks: What Are They and Do I Need Them? - November 19, 2018
- Foot Care and Diabetes - October 18, 2018
- Dealing with an Ingrown Toenail - September 5, 2018
- Why Do I Have Heel Pain Every Morning? - September 5, 2018