Massage therapy is a regulated health profession in Ontario, performed by a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT). All RMTs are required to be registered with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO).
What Conditions Do They Treat?
Registered Massage Therapy is the manipulation of the body’s soft tissues, including muscles, connective tissues, tendons, ligaments, and joints. Massage Therapy is a clinically-oriented healthcare option that helps alleviate the discomfort associated with everyday and occupational stresses, muscular over-use, and many chronic pain conditions.
Massage Therapy can be used to treat both acute and chronic conditions. RMTs can work with a variety of patients in the treatment of illness, injury rehabilitation, and disability. Massage therapy can be beneficial to a wide variety of conditions and is a great addition to your everyday healthcare.
How Can I See an RMT?
A Registered Massage Therapist is a primary healthcare provider in Ontario and anyone may visit an RMT of their choice. A referral or prescription is not required to visit an RMT, although some insurance companies may require this for your claim to be reimbursed.
At Footprint Health and Wellness Centre, direct billing for your RMT appointment is possible with most insurance companies. Feel free to call our friendly reception desk to find out more options with your insurance company and make your appointment as seamless as possible.
Why Should You Trust Your Health with a Registered Massage Therapist?
- An RMT has completed a 2-3 year program at a recognized school of massage therapy.
- They have passed an entry-to-practice examination that ensures they have the competencies necessary to safely and effectively offer massage therapy services.
- An RMT must participate in a Quality Assurance program with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, which assists in the maintenance of professional standards and quality care.
- They are accountable to the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario through the complaints and discipline processes if the services they provide do not meet the standards of practice.
- An RMT will provide a receipt that will be accepted by your extended health benefits plan for reimbursement (provided your plan covers massage therapy).
Book a 30, 45, 60, or 90-minute massage today at Footprint Health and Wellness Centre. Remember to fill out your online initial intake form prior to your first appointment and provide us with your insurance details. We will make this appointment as simple as possible with your insurance claim.
Footprint Health and Wellness Centre is a multi-disciplinary clinic located in South Barrie, offering chiropody, physiotherapy, and massage therapy services. Book your appointment now!
You might also like:
- WSIB Barrie Physiotherapy Patients: What You Need to Know - March 11, 2019
- What Are the Health Benefits of Ongoing Massage Therapy? - March 4, 2019
- The ART (Active Release Technique) of Massage Therapy - December 31, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Footprint Health and Wellness - December 17, 2018
- What Is an RMT and How Can They Help Me? - November 26, 2018
- 5 Reasons to Get a Deep Tissue Massage - November 6, 2018