Do you wake up every morning with pain in your heel? Do you have to limp for the first few steps until the pain in your heel subsides a little? There is a possibility that what you are feeling is an irritation and swelling to a large ligament in the bottom of your foot. This is commonly known as “Plantar Fasciitis” or “heel spur syndrome”.
Causes of Heel Pain
This stubborn heel pain can be caused by a number of different issues: flat feet, high arched feet, safety shoes, a new exercise routine, standing or walking a lot, an injury to the foot or heel, and more.
If you are experiencing this pain, do not ignore it! Book a complete foot assessment with a licensed Chiropodist, where they will examine all your muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments, look at the alignment in your foot, and do a gait analysis (watch you walk). A biomechanical assessment is a way to find the root cause of your pain and then develop a plan to treat it effectively.
Treatment Options for Heel Pain
Everyone is different, which is why it’s so important to have a thorough foot assessment to decide what treatment is right for your individual condition. However, common treatment options include:
- Orthopedic shoes
- Custom orthotics
- Taping/strapping your feet
- Shockwave therapy
- Facial compression sleeves/socks
- Massage/manual manipulations
- Cortisone injections
Take the First Step Towards Healthy Feet
If you’re experiencing heel pain, it could be a chronic condition that requires treatment—don’t wait any longer! Book an appointment with a Chiropodist and get feeling better, and back to your activities and sports sooner.
Footprint Health and Wellness Centre is a multi-disciplinary clinic located in South Barrie, offering chiropody, physiotherapy, and massage therapy services. Book your appointment now!
You might also like:
- Treating Plantar Fasciitis with Shockwave Therapy - March 18, 2019
- Q&A: Diabetic Foot Care Appointment with a Chiropodist - February 25, 2019
- What Is Foot Pronation and When Is It an Issue? - February 12, 2019
- Are You Wearing the Right Running Shoes for Your Feet? - January 15, 2019
- My Child Has a Plantar Wart! What Now? - December 10, 2018
- Compression Socks: What Are They and Do I Need Them? - November 19, 2018
- Foot Care and Diabetes - October 18, 2018
- Dealing with an Ingrown Toenail - September 5, 2018
- Why Do I Have Heel Pain Every Morning? - September 5, 2018